“When I wake up in the morning, my driving force is that I’ve got people depending on me.”
- B.S., Texas Christian University
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law
- Best Lawyers in America (2017-2022)
- Florida Super Lawyers (2016-2021)
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® - the highest rank awarded by the national rating agency
- Florida Trend Magazine - Legal Elite (2010)
- South Florida Legal Guide - Top Lawyer (2012-2018)
- DBR Most Effective Lawyer (2016)
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs in 2017 and 2018
- Dade County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation-only national organization dedicated to the promotion of professionalism and the preservation of the right to trial by jury
- President of the Miami Chapter of ABOTA - 2012
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, where membership is limited to less than 0.5% of American Lawyers.
- Active member of the Orange Bowl Committee since 2008
Peter K. Spillis has more than 25 years of experience in high-stakes civil trial work. He began his career at one of the preeminent defense firms in Florida, where he tried his first jury trial only one year out of law school. He was soon handling personal injury and medical malpractice trials throughout the state.
In 2007 Mr. Spillis joined a national trial law firm. As managing partner of its Miami office, he was primarily a trial specialist for his clients’ high-exposure catastrophic injury cases. He also led a team that created and ran the office’s construction litigation department.
In 2014, he joined Kelley|Uustal, where he now uses his insight and experience with the insurance industry to help protect the rights of individuals and families. He heads the firm’s medical malpractice team and continues to handle complex commercial and products cases. He has tried over 40 cases to verdict.
Mr. Spillis received his undergraduate degree from Texas Christian University, and his law degree from The University of Miami. He is an active member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, where he is a Past President of the Miami chapter. Mr. Spillis is consistently recognized in the annual “Best Lawyers in America” “Florida Legal Elite” rankings. He is also proud to serve as a member of the Orange Bowl Committee.
Peter is a native of Miami, Florida, where he lives with his wife and 3 children. He is an avid outdoorsman and a passionate free diver.
Loving and caring. I really felt it.
CHET, FORMER CLIENT
The Best Law Firm in the country.
M.K., CHICAGO LAWYER