“I hate to see people get taken advantage of. My work as an attorney allows me to protect the rights of the injured and disenfranchised. I get to help people who would otherwise not have a voice, or not know how to stand up to large corporations. That brings me great joy.”
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor Degree, Cum Laude
- Ladd Scholarship Recipient (All Semesters)
- Dean’s List, Fall 2010, 2011
- Law Partners, Co-Founder/President
- Black Law Student Association
- Christian Legal Society
- Carlton Fields Diversity Scholarship Recipient, Summer 2011
- Nova Southeastern University, Master of Science in Clinical Psychology
- Barry University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, 2002 – 2003
- Who’s Who Among Students at American Universities and Colleges, 2003
- Super Lawyer’s Rising Star (2021 & 2022)
- National Black Lawyer’s Association Top 40 Under 40 Most Influential (2018)
- Caribbean National Jamaica Diaspora Top 20 Under 40 (2018)
- Legacy Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 Leaders of Today & Tomorrow Award (2016)
- Melaleuca Inc. President’s Club Award (2007)
Yanique is an experienced trial attorney, known for her perseverance in and out of the courtroom. Her practice is dedicated to catastrophic injuries, medical malpractice, and wrongful death.
Ms. Otto, who has headed her own law firm, The Otto Law Group in Fort Lauderdale since 2013, has handled hundreds of cases involving domestic violence, illegal drugs, and parental rights. She was honored as a “Rising Star” by the Super Lawyers rating service in 2021 and 2022, and she has been recognized by The National Black Lawyers association as one of the country’s “Top 40 Under 40 Most Successful and Influential Lawyers.” She was also named by the National Weekly as one of the “Top 20 Under 40 Outstanding Jamaicans”.
Yanique was born and raised in Jamaica. She lives in Pompano Beach with her teenage son. She is an active volunteer and member of Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale.
In the News
Loving and caring. I really felt it.
CHET, FORMER CLIENT
The Best Law Firm in the country.
M.K., CHICAGO LAWYER