John Uustal Discusses Upcoming Book, Corporate Serial Killers
John Uustal recently sat with Jury Analyst, where he was interviewed by Los Angeles trial attorney Brian Panish, to share some key insights from his upcoming book, Corporate Serial Killers.
In Corporate Serial Killers, John will explain how America’s best-known corporations knowingly sell dangerous products that kill and maim if the profit to be made exceeds the anticipated cost of paying off the victims.
Uustal, a successful and controversial trial lawyer, has won some of the country’s largest jury verdicts to hold these companies accountable for their greed and compensate these victims and their families. His behind the scenes stories of these shattered families and their legal cases include secret documents where corporate malfeasors memorialized their deadly profit calculations, perjury by company leaders, and at times, their lawyers.
How can companies get away with such evil? Author Uustal exposes how powerful lobbyists have finessed seemingly benign legislation into a vehicle for companies to get away with nothing less than homicide by corporation.
During this session with Jury Analyst, he shared:
- His insight into what it’s like as a lawyer to write books
- How he approaches trials as a story or play to show people the truth that is emotionally engaging
- The most important thing to provide jurors in the opening statement
- How his tech-savvy research led him to a document that helped all the GM auto-fire cases domino-effect into billions of verdicts for plaintiffs
- The challenges of Tobacco litigation and how he won over 80% of his trials
- Strategies fighting large auto companies