“My driving force is to protect and pursue the rights of individuals against massive companies who have caused needless harm, and in doing so, striving to make our community a safer place.”
- J.D., Magna Cum Laude, University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2008
- Order of the Coif
- Book Awards: Business Entities, Legal Drafting Law Practice Management
- Notes and Comments Editor, Florida Law Review
- Student Commencement Speaker
- Recipient of the Ralph R. Bailey Academic Scholarship
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Economics/Political Science, University of Pennsylvania, 2005
- AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® - the highest rank awarded by the national rating agency
- Named 2010 “Legal Elite” by Florida Trend magazine
Recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by the South Florida Legal Guide from 2012 through 2018
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs in 2017 and 2018
- Named finalist by Daily Business Review for Most Effective Lawyer of 2016
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Leadership Broward Class XXXI
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute
- Leadership Fort Lauderdale Class XVIII
Michael Hersh is proud to be a part of the Kelley | Uustal team, fighting for victims injured by the negligence and misdeeds of others as a Fort Lauderdale trial lawyer. He focuses his practice on personal injury, products liability, and wrongful death resulting from defective products, motor vehicle accidents, unsafe premises and other unforeseen circumstances. When it comes to protecting the rights of injured or wronged clients, Michael is relentless and unafraid to stand up to anyone. In recognition of his ability and passion, he was named to the 2015 List of Florida Super Lawyers®.
After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania, Michael attended the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he:
- Served as Notes and Comments Editor of the Florida Law Review
- Received several book awards and was selected by his peers to be the student commencement speaker at graduation
- Interned with the United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District of Florida
Currently, Michael is a member of Leadership Broward Class XXXI, the Anti-Defamation League and the Broward County Bar Association.
After graduating 3rd in his law school class, Michael was admitted to the Florida Bar and began his career as a litigation associate with an international law firm. During his tenure with the firm, Michael prosecuted and defended complex commercial and consumer finance cases, representing and advising numerous Fortune 500 companies in corporate and general business disputes, employment matters, and state and federal statutory violation claims.
Loving and caring. I really felt it.
CHET, FORMER CLIENT
The Best Law Firm in the country.
M.K., CHICAGO LAWYER